Wordless is an opinionated WordPress plugin + starter theme that dramatically speeds up and enhances your custom theme creation. Some of its features are:
- A structured, organized and clean theme organization
- Scaffold a new theme directly within wp-cli
- Write PHP templates with PUG templating language
- Write CSS stylesheets using the awesome SCSS syntax
- A growing set of handy and documented PHP helper functions ready to be used within your views
- Preconfigured support to MailHog mail-catcher.
- Development workflow backed by WebPack, BrowserSync (with live reload), WP-CLI, Yarn. All the standards you already know, all the customizations you may need.
Wordless is a micro-framework for custom themes development. Thus is a product intended for developers.
A compiled Wordless theme will run on any standard Wordpress installation.
Wordless does not alter any core functionality, thus it is compatible with reasonably any generic plugin.
Table of Contents¶
- Theme anatomy
- Rendering PUG
- SCSS and JS
- PHP Helpers
- Locale files
- Test Suite
A list of known bugs, wip and improvements this documentation needs
Ooook, but we need to be a bit more exhaustive and clear about the fact
that once the theme is built, we can really just
scp it to a server.
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/wordless/checkouts/latest/rtfm/source/_pages/build/deploy.rst, line 11.)
This page is orphan: it’s not listed in any navigation
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/wordless/checkouts/latest/rtfm/source/_pages/usage/acf_gutenberg_blocks.rst, line 57.)
There is a note with a ref to
the ref apparently does not exists
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/wordless/checkouts/latest/rtfm/source/_pages/usage/acf_gutenberg_blocks.rst, line 60.)
Please find me a home and delete me
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/wordless/checkouts/latest/rtfm/source/_pages/usage/build.rst, line 1.)
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/wordless/checkouts/latest/rtfm/source/_pages/usage/filters.rst, line 64.)
Page Template Wordpress’ feature has to be updated on GitHub in order to reflect new PUG templating practices
(The original entry is located in /home/docs/checkouts/readthedocs.org/user_builds/wordless/checkouts/latest/rtfm/source/_pages/usage/routing.rst, line 27.)